Quickreport 5 is compatible with QR4 report designs, and existing applications will run without changes. Most of the visible changes affect previewing and exporting reports, with a few new options for band behaviour. Several new controls are introduced, including three that support double-byte characters(Unicode).
Quickreport 5 Pro costs £199 (plus VAT in the EU). Registered version 4 Pro users can upgrade for £50 (plus VAT in the EU).
Include more defensive handling of network printers, and less interaction with printers and miscellaneous memory leak and logic fixes.
- Events to control and customise standard preview.
- Allow printing straight from the printer-setup button
- Option to set the default extension in preview. For instance PDF instead of QRP.
- Copy to clipboard' button on standard preview form.
- New property for printables - 'ExportAs' = ( etNumeric, etText, etFormula, etLabel ) for XL.
- It is possible to limit the number of pages in the preview, and a 'Cancel' button is added to the standard preview.
- Background colour for report.
- Childbands can print before, after or before and after their parent
Alternative report viewer
Based on XML format, the new previewer has better rendering and search facilites, and supports drill-down and mouse events.
- Sub-report control, displays a report within a report.
- Wild band. Print anytime you want.
- Controls with double-byte support, QRMBLabel, QRMBMemo and QRMBDbText.
- FrameLines control - extends vertical lines over page breaks.
- TQRShape has 2 new shapes, left and right diagonal lines.
Quickreport 5 Currently supported IDEs
- Delphi 5, 6, 7, 2006 Win32, 2007 Win32
- C++ Builder 5, 6, 2006, 2007
QRDesign Currently supported IDEs
- For QR5 - Delphi 7, 2006 Win32, 2007 Win32
- For QR4 - Delphi 5, 6, 7, 2005, 2006, 2007